Music Ministry enhances the beauty and solemnity of the liturgy and assists and encourages the singing of the assembly. Sacred Heart offers a variety of music ministries to parish members.
- Cantors are responsible for proclaiming the Psalm in song during Mass. Cantors often fulfill the role of song leader when no choir is present. Anyone who is interested is encouraged to audition. Practices are held as needed and annual workshops are offered.
- Sacred Heart Choir, is the service choir for the 9:00 a.m. Mass and is a traditional SATB Choir. Anyone who can sing and / or play an instrument is welcome. Practice is Wednesday from 7:00 to 9:00 pm. in the Music Room.
- Contemporary Choir is the service choir for the 11:45 Mass. Anyone who can sing and/or play an instrument is welcome. Practice is Sunday from 10:45 to 11:30 am. in the Music Room.
- Hispanic Choir The mission of this choir is to evangelize through music during the 2:00 p.m. Mass in Spanish. Its members hail from a variety of Latin American countries enriching the celebrationswith various songs and rhythms. Practice is held every Sunday at 1:00 p.m. in the music room.
- Choristers, for grades 4-8, Choristers sing once a month at Mass and participate in two choral concerts during the choir season. Practice is Wednesday 4:30 - 5:45 pm during the school year.
- Cherubs, for grades 1-3. The Cherub Choir sings at various Masses throughout the year and participate in two choral concerts. Practice is Wednesday 3:20 - 4:00 pm during the school year.
- Instrumentalists are encouraged to play in order to enhance the musical accompaniment.
- The Sacred Heart Handbell Choir, plays at various Masses throughout the liturgical year. No musical experience necessary to play the handbells. Practice is Mondays from 7:00 to 8:30 pm in the Music Room.
- The Sacred Heart School Handbell Choir is open to a limited number of students in grades 4 through 8. Practice is held Mondays from 3:15 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.
If you are interested in getting involved in any of our musical ministries, contact Lindsey Skinner at the church office.