The Christian Service Center is the Sacred Heart Catholic Church outreach program, established in September 1984. The Center belongs to our parishioners who provide financial and commodities support. It is currently staffed with 35 - 40 volunteers.
Our financial resources come from:
- Sacred Heart budget (tithe of 10% of the offertory)
- Individual donations
- Civic and Parish organizations
- Other churches donations
Our vision is to build a healthy community by inspiring families and individuals in need to become self-efficient, empowering the less fortunate to take ownership of their lives and community, and offering support and encouragement during times of need.
To provide outreach assistance to needy families within the North Houston County community regardless of race, nationality, gender, or religious preference.
What We Do
Assist families and individuals in crisis within the community at large. To help eradicate hunger and alleviate financial distress. We average between 100 - 150 families coming for help each week.
Services We Provide:
- Food and other commodities assistance
- Prescription assistance
- Utilities assistance
- Rent assistance
- Thanksgiving and Christmas food baskets
- Christmas Angel Tree gifts for children 15 yrs or younger
- Monthly Brown Bag commodities for Seniors
- Reaching out to our Shut-Ins with compassion and love on Christmas and Easter
How Our Program Works
Pre-requisites for receiving full assistance at our Center:
- Provide a picture ID
- Proof of residence within our area of service other than the picture ID
- Interview with volunteer to assess need
- Provide household income and other information as necessary
All information received will be kept confidential. Financial assistance is provided on a "first come, first serve" basis
How You Can Help
We will gladly accept any support you can offer us whether it be your time, financial support, prayers, or talents. We are always search for temporary (for special projects) and permanent (committed to help throughout the year) volunteers. We also welcome additional partners and/or contributions.
For additional information about the Christian Service Center, please contact Greg Schliekelman. The Center is located at 136 Northview Avenue, Warner Robins, Georgia 31088, and they can be contacted by calling 478.929.3897.