Sacred Heart Church has a special ministry designed specifically for youth activities and involvement. These activities are not limited just to the Church, volunteers and members can become involved in School activities as well.
All parishioners who work with children are required to attend a VIRTUS class and complete a background check!
Sacred Heart Church offers the following involvement opportunities for our youth:
- CCD Teachers and Aides: Teachers, substitute teachers, teachers' aides, office volunteers, and volunteers are needed to share their time and talents in the CCD program. Confirmed teens (9th grade and older) are also invited to help.
Contact: Etta Kelly
- EDGE, Life Teen, and Antioch Leaders and Helpers: Parents and adult parishioners (21 and older) are encouraged to serve Life Teen through Core Team or Life Support Team. Adult volunteers are also needed to support the EDGE program and Antioch.
Contact: Kristina Pinto
- Home and School Association: Home and School is a group of parents and teachers committed to maintaining good communication between home and school, providing a vehicle through which parents can provide service to the school, facilitating interaction between the parish and the school and offering a mechanism for parent education.
Contact: Bridgette Cooper
- St. Anne's Guild: This is a group of adults that support Sacred Heart School. Our motto is "What you can, when you can, and if you want." We take part in activities for the school, such as reading to the classes, field trips, etc. Our biggest project is "Granny's Attic" at the annual Fall Festival. We also help with other school projects on an as-needed basis.
Contact: Terri Geiser
- Vacation Bible School: Adults and teens (7th grade and older) are needed to staff our annual Vacation Bible School scheduled the third week in June. Hours are 8:30 am to 1:00 pm.
Contact: Etta Kelly
- Children's Liturgy of the Word Teachers and Aides: Teachers and aides are need to serve one Sunday a month at the 9:00 am or 2:00 pm (Spanish) Masses.
Contact: Nancy Deighan
- Sacred Heart School Alumni Association: A group of Sacred Heart School graduates committed to provide financial and volunteer support to Sacred Heart School and service to the parish.
Contact: Teri Frier